Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mom's birthday


Many times I have seen memorials in the newspaper that a family member has written and had published. They are usually written on the anniversary of the loved one's death or on a special occasion, such as a birthday. I have never felt a desire to write such a memorial until today and I still have no desire to write it as if mom was the one that was going to read it, as some are wont to do.

Mom was born August 21, 1910. Today being August 21, 2010 would have been her 100th birthday and I do not want this day to pass without notice. She was my mother, friend, mentor, greatest advocate and she loved me unconditionally and I knew it from my earliest memories until the very day she died. I believe she is still all of those things to me, we just are separated for the time being and when the time comes, we will have a wonderful reunion.
I love her and miss her!

1 comment:

  1. Linda, what a beautiful tribute to an amazing woman. I didn't know her personally, but I know YOU, so I know how wonderful she must have been.

    ReplyDelete